Sunday, August 19, 2007

unnecessary baggage

It's not really the best feeling when I think of things I've done while under the influence of alcohol. It's just such a typical scene in college and I hardly think I would drink this much had I never come here (obviously this is a necessary step in my schooling, though). I simply feel that the things I do and say while drinking aren't really aligned with who I am as a person. I become so mindless and do things I end up regretting. Picture this: a college scene where everyone gets together to hang out and doesn't drink. Certainly if this was the case I would have made many less mistakes and random acts of stupidity. I might even have better friendships with the people I know. Less cuts and bruises, also.

Again, more worthless speculation. I always talk about living in the present (and firmly believe it) but continue to fall back on thoughts like these. I guess it's not so terrible. It's good to highlight those things in life done wrong in such a way that will help alter future actions.

First day of last semester tomorrow...

No comments: